Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Second CSA Delivery

Here's what we got this past Thursday (I'm a little late with the post!):
summer squash
cucumber
turnips
broccoli rabe
broccoli
sugar snap peas
salad greens
parsley
basil
cabbage
swiss chard
a lettuce with red leaves...and I forget the name (fail)

Unfortunately we haven't made much this week because we had a friend in town over the weekend.  We made a great frittata tonight with all of the salad greens from this week and a few left from last week.  Monday night we made spanakopita with the swiss chard and the parsley.  Both were good, but I'm not sold on either recipe.

Tomorrow night we are going to make sugar snap peas with shrimp curry and I am really looking forward to it.  If it's better than the last two we've tried, I'll post the recipe. :)

What I've been enjoying most is making food that we're able to freeze for later.  Last week I made zucchini muffins and a loaf of zucchini bread to keep in the freezer.  The muffins have made excellent breakfasts.  We're planning to pickle the turnips and the cucumber from this week's haul.  We've never pickled before, but we're getting good at experimenting.  More soon with this week's CSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment